Each year the Lord Jesus calls the entire Church to a special season of penance and renewal. The season of Lent extends this year from Ash Wednesday, February 17, to the Mass of the Lord’s Supper, April 1, inclusive.
- Everyone l4 years of age or over is bound to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday and all Fridays of Lent.
- Everyone 18 years of age and under 59 years of age is also bound to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
- On these two days of fast and abstinence, only one full meatless meal is allowed. The other meatless meals, sufﬁcient to maintain strength, may be taken according to one’s needs, but altogether they should not equal another full meal. Eating between meals is not permitted on these two days, but liquids, including milk and fruit juices are allowed.
- When health or ability to work would be seriously affected, the obligation of the law is modiﬁed. Those that are excused from fast and abstinence outside the age limits include the physically or mentally ill including individuals suffering from chronic illnesses such as diabetes. Also excluded are pregnant or nursing women. In all cases, common sense should prevail, and ill persons should not further jeopardize their health by fasting.
- Because Lent is a special season for all Christians, we should not lightly excuse ourselves from these penitential practices.
- During Lent we will bring back the Sunday 7:00 am Mass at St. Teresa Church beginning on Sunday, February 21. We will need volunteers to assist with check-in and sanitizing after Mass. Please call the office if you are willing to assist.
- Join us for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday in St. Teresa Church from 9:30 am concluding with Evening Prayer - a meditative experience of psalms, readings, and hymns from 6:30 to 7:00 pm. All are welcome!
- Stations of the Cross - Thursdays at 12Noon in St. Luke Church. Since the students will not be having stations in church this year, there will be none at St. Teresa.
- Reconciliation is available every Saturday before Mass, from 4:00-4:45 pm. Our Partnership Reconciliation Service is tentively set for Wednesday, March 24 at 7:00 pm in St. Teresa Church.
Some Lenten Resources